History of Moorhead Lodge No. 126
Masons of what would soon become Moorhead Lodge No. 126 first began meeting in 1876, as is evident by a periodical from the April 1st issue of the Red River StarMoorhead Lodge No. 126 was officially chartered by the Grand Lodge of Minnesota in 1877. The exact location of the first Lodge building is unknown at this time, as the street names have since changed, but according to the periodical, they met on what was called “Hennebohle’s Block” which was presumably in downtown Moorhead.
From 1884 through 1948, Moorhead Lodge No. 126 was located at the corner of 6thand Front Street (Front Street would later become Center Ave) above the First National Bank of Moorhead. According to old fire insurance maps, the Lodge moved from the second floor of the building to the third floor somewhere in this period.
In 1951, the Lodge moved a few blocks away, to 819 Center Ave and was located there until a fire in June of 1995 made the building unusable. Moorhead Lodge No. 126 and its appendant bodies met at the Fargo Masonic Center until they moved into their new Lodge building in 1998. That building is the current home of Moorhead Lodge No. 126 and the rest of the Moorhead Masonic Family.